- EIIN-108580 ( What is EIIN ? )
- Estd. :1957
Motijheel Govt. Girls High School (MGGHS) is one of the most reputed and prestigious schools in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Established in 1957, it has been providing quality education to girls from different backgrounds and regions. The school has a rich history, a vibrant culture, and a bright future. In this blog post, I will share some of the features and achievements of this school that make it a place of excellence.
Table of contents
Open Table of contents
MGGHS was founded in 1957 as Motijheel Central Government High School with only 120 students and 6 teachers. It was initially a co-educational school, but later became a girls’ school in 1963. The school was renamed as Motijheel Govt. Girls High School in 1972. The school has witnessed many historical events and changes in the country, such as the Language Movement, the Liberation War, and the emergence of Bangladesh as an independent nation. The school has also faced many challenges and difficulties, such as natural disasters, political unrest, and social problems. Despite these obstacles, the school has always maintained its academic standards and moral values.
The school campus is located at Outer Circular Road, Motijheel, Dhaka. It covers an area of 7.5 acres with two big playgrounds, a pond, a garden, and a mosque. The school has three buildings: the main building, the science building, and the library building. The main building has four floors with 52 classrooms, 4 laboratories, 2 computer labs, an auditorium, a conference room, a staff room, and an administrative office. The science building has three floors with 12 classrooms, 6 laboratories, and a canteen. The library building has two floors with a library, a reading room, and a multimedia room. The school also has a gymnasium, a swimming pool, and a hostel for students from remote areas.
The school follows the national curriculum prescribed by the Ministry of Education and the National Curriculum and Textbook Board (NCTB). The school offers classes from grade 1 to grade 10. The medium of instruction is Bengali, but English is taught as a compulsory subject. The school also offers optional subjects such as Arabic, Sanskrit, Home Economics, Agriculture, Fine Arts, and Physical Education. The school prepares its students for the Primary Education Completion (PEC) examination in grade 5, the Junior School Certificate (JSC) examination in grade 8, and the Secondary School Certificate (SSC) examination in grade 10.
The school encourages its students to participate in various co-curricular activities to enhance their skills and talents. The school has several clubs and societies, such as the Science Club, the Math Club, the Debating Club, the Cultural Club, the Rover Scout Group, the Red Crescent Society, the BNCC Platoon, and the Student Cabinet. The school also organizes various competitions and events throughout the year, such as the Science Fair, the Math Olympiad, the Debate Competition, the Cultural Festival, the Sports Day, the Victory Day Celebration, and the Annual Prize Giving Ceremony.
The school has achieved many accolades and awards for its academic excellence and co-curricular performance. Some of them are:
- The school has been ranked as one of the top ten schools in Dhaka by different surveys and publications.
- The school has achieved 100% pass rate in the PEC, JSC, and SSC examinations for several years.
- The school has produced many meritorious students who have secured top positions in the board examinations and national competitions.
- The school has won many prizes and trophies in various inter-school competitions in science, math, debate, culture, sports, etc.
- The school has received many grants and donations from different organizations and individuals for its development and improvement.
The school has a vision to become a leading institution of learning and innovation in Bangladesh. To achieve this vision, the school has some future plans:
- To introduce digital classrooms with smart boards and multimedia facilities.
- To upgrade the library with more books and online resources.
- To expand the hostel facilities for more students from remote areas.
- To establish a career counseling center for guidance and support.
- To collaborate with other schools and universities for exchange programs and joint projects.
At a glance:
Motijheel Government Girls High School The number of students is constantly increasing to meet the needs of the time.
- Shift: Morning+Day
- Number of students:3000+
- Number of teachers: 70
- Headmaster: Parvin Fazilla
- Asst. Headmaster: Fatema Khatun
- Clubs: Debating club, science club, girl’s guide, etc.
- Activities: Taking part and arranging different competitions.
- Outer Circular Rd, Dhaka, Opposite Islami Bank Hospital
- City: Dhaka
- P.code : 1000
Motijheel Govt. Girls High School is not just a school; it is a community of learners who strive for excellence in every aspect of life. The school has a legacy of success and glory that inspires its students to pursue their dreams and goals. The school has a mission to provide quality education to girls who will become the leaders and changemakers of tomorrow. The school is indeed a place of excellence that deserves our respect and admiration.
To find out any information about any institution(school, college, madrasa) in Bangladesh please Click here.