EIIN: 130757।Estd: 1952
It was the time, after the partition of the Indian Subcontinent, in 1947, the Archbishop of Dhaka, Lawrence L. Garner, CSC, requested this establishment of a Girls’ College by the Sisters of the Holy Cross. This noble and challenging task was asked of Augustine Marie. On 1 November 1950, Holy Cross College officially began its journey in Dhaka, the capital of the then East Pakistan. Rose Bernard, (who had just arrived that year) was also called upon to help Augustine Marie in this endeavor. Augustine Marie, the founder, and the first principal is remembered as a woman of great vision, humanity, and passion. She wanted each student of Holy Cross College to become a mature and responsible woman… one who could contribute to society with her knowledge, moral values, and achievements.
The College started with 5 students and now it has about 2500 students. Presently, the faculty consists of 47 teachers. At its opening, it began with the Humanities Group. Later on, the Science Group was added. Also, Business Studies Group was opened. A six-storied building with a beautiful auditorium was built within the last ten years.
Farmgate, Tejgaon, Dhaka – 1215. Dhaka
E-mail: [email protected], [email protected]